8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » OK!, Who's da' wise guy?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK!, Who's da' wise guy?!
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 05, 2007 09:57 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If this isn't somebody from here, they probably should be!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOL8FlSYjT0

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2007 02:39 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I have an idea that whoever it is at least speaks German, as the DVD and 8mm film has German writing. Any German forum members want to own up to this, now if we could only get Derann to release this as an 8mm print!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 06, 2007 05:15 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great. I was waiting for the disc to fly off the projector feed arm. Really funny [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 06, 2007 06:25 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed the German title on the DVD, but the song is the fourth verse of "My country 'tis of thee", an American patriotic song. This is strange: A region 2 DVD plus a region 1 song!

(Note: I checked, it's not "God save the Queen".)

(Note also: I had to look it up, I had no idea "My country 'tis of thee" had more than once verse.)

The mystery deepens.....

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 06, 2007 06:31 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that is brilliant, i think Chris tarrant should have that, maybe with a large TV audience it may remind people what film really is [Wink]

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2007 02:19 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that (The Hunt For) Red October with Sean Connery?

Otherwise, that should be printed in super 8 and sold by Derann. Excellent comedy short as a feature presentation snipe to intro the media to your audience.

* * * * Four stars - - Two Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!

CG

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 06, 2007 06:09 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I contacted the producer of the video and he is a member of this forum from Germany, but not somebody who posts often.

He didn't state his name in the reply, so I assume he wants to remain anonymous.

It's funny, one of my film projects long in planning is a movie about Super-8, and I planned on creating a scene of me trying to jam a video cassette into a Super-8 camera, and concluding that "it will never catch on".

-this guy beat me to it!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC