8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 64T striping

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 64T striping
Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2007 11:10 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Due to the un-availability of Cineva, i've had to revert back to shooting with Kodak 64T, whilst the grain is now much finer than the first cartridges, there is still the issue with sound stripe not sticking to it as I have found out!
Where then to send my films for sound striping? I heard there was somewhere in Germany that roughs up the edges so that lam stripe will stick.

|  IP: Logged

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2007 12:46 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have managed to get it to stick using my home striper;
also E v T have had success with my films as well.

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2007 05:54 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whist EVT do an excellent job, with the 64T they have striped for me {with lam stripe} the ballance track just about hung on and eventually fell off, and I know of others that have also had this problem with the 64T. Did they use lam stripe or paste stripe on your films Simon?
The K40 and Cinevia they striped at the same time as the 64T has not got this problem, and it is stuck so well it is impossible to shift it off the film, not that you would want to, but I tried as a test comparrison. So the problem is not with EVT's striping but exclusive to 64T.
How does home striping compare?

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2007 06:00 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EVT has done several 64T jobs for me (I'm pretty sure it was the laminate stripe), and I havent had any problems as of yet.

Maybe it was something they were able to correct.

James.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC