8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The GS1200 bulb???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The GS1200 bulb???
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 17, 2007 09:03 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I just wondered if the GS1200 bulb is actually the same fit as their usual 131 100 watt job, does it go into the same fitting in say a small elmo.
Many thanks Mark.
ONE for Kev I think.
Also will the EJL lamp fit the usual 100 watt elmo fitting.
Thanks Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 17, 2007 12:22 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the ceramic base and pin design is the same on these bulbs. But of course they are designed for different voltages, with the GS running at 24 volts.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 19, 2007 09:26 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys, No they are not the same base.

The ESC uses a GY5.3 base and the ELC uses a GX5.3.

The EFP or A1/231 uses a GZ6.35 base.

The figures after the base type as far as I know refer to the distance between the pin centres so as you can see by trying to stick the wrong lamp in the wrong holder would result in either the pins being pushed apart or together depending on which way you went.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 19, 2007 10:11 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi kev, so if you cange the base and run in the right voltage bobs your uncle for 200 watts etc.Same size beyond that???
Best mark,

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 19, 2007 11:15 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes that is correct.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 19, 2007 11:22 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev, well I may just give it a go as the SC18 blows a gale out of the lamp house so should be OK, some of these have the heat glass, but this one looks as if it never had that, its the different fitting.
Thanks, Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC