8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » EUMIG S 810 D CONVERSION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EUMIG S 810 D CONVERSION
David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2007 03:34 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess this is primarily directed to all Eumig enthusiasts in the Forum, but has anyone converted an S 810 D projector to take 1200 ft reels?

My reason for asking is that, as many of you probably know, I have accrued quite a number of Standard 8 sound features which are each on several 400 & 600 ft reels, and I want to re-spool onto 1200 footers to save keep on jumping up and down to change reels so often.

Therefore, how easy or difficult would such a conversion be, and, did Eumig ever make a projector with arms long enough which could be fitted to the S 810 D?

I'd be interested to hear any comments.

Thanx.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 28, 2007 09:38 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,
I believe Keith Wilton has a very nice 1200ft (or 2400ft) adapter that someone built for him to clamp onto the handle on top of the Eumig 800's. I think I saw this in one of the 'Armchair Odeon' videos. It has a dedicated motor on each of the 1200ft arms, and it looked great in the picture - made that Eumig look very impressive indeed.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2007 04:56 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. I'll try to follow it up, though it does sound rather clumsy - or am I wrong? If I had thought of this question earlier, I could have asked him about it at the BFCC.

Cheers,

--------------------
Dave.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 01, 2007 06:44 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See if you can find a second-hand Spondon Long Play Device. It looks something like a rewinder on a long baseboard with tall vertical spool arms front and back. The take-up is motor driven with a slipping clutch.

Your projector is placed in the centre (the weight adds stability) and away you go. It's useful as it can be used with any projector. I believe both Super 8 and 16mm versions were produced.

--------------------
Maurice

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2007 06:49 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice. I'll keep an eye out for one.

Cheers!

--------------------
Dave.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC