8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Perry's Service First Class

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Perry's Service First Class
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 07, 2007 07:37 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to post this message to say what a fantastic service Perry’s Movies are supplying. We ordered a feature film Monday just before close of business and it arrived today (Wednesday) first postal delivery. This means that Ian is processing our orders very quickly indeed and I must thank him for a speedy service and also offering such collectable films on his list.

Many thanks Ian and that nice lady on the phone.

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2007 10:46 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee
Great to hear the old chap is still going. Tell me, was the film from the last list Ian posted or have you been sent a new one by post that he has not loaded on here.

I never get mail from Perrys' [Confused]

--------------------
Tony

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 07, 2007 11:00 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.
Not sure if the film purchased was on the list as I tend to telephone or email if I am looking for something as indeed I was this time.

Its worth telephoning the main dealers to keep in touch and you never know what will turn up, plus the dealers know we want to buy films as well which cheers them up no end.

The film received was more or less as new having had a quick look at it and I look forward to my film show tonight to view the whole thing.

Very best wishes.

Update: PS. Buy a film from Ian and you will then have a delivery to look forward to. Ah the joy of it all.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 07, 2007 12:25 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone received email replies from Ian lately?

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 07, 2007 12:44 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me has..

Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2007 02:26 PM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perry´s Movies has always provided a friendly and first class
service as far as I am concerned. Although I am an overseas client, I enjoy talking to Ian over the phone. This gives me the
chance of placing the order and discuss in general what´s going
on in the Super 8 front. Our acquaintance goes back many years,
making Perry´s one of my main equipment and films supplyer and also a good friend. Talking to someone on the phone is certainly
much more personal than just sending e-mails al the time.
o

--------------------
António C. Mota

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2007 02:57 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am lucky that I get invited to a BBQ every summer with Ian. It is something I always look forward to. Even better than telephoning [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2007 07:07 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way Lee, what was the title of the film purchased? [Razz]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 09, 2007 09:38 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Title?

The film that Graham never made even though I spent a weekend filming part of it for the lad.

Quite a long title. Lets hope the film gets completed.
Ha.
[Embarrassed]

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2007 11:11 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This will be made next year once I get a lido. Check next issue of 9.5 mag for my advert!! [Wink]

P.S for non 9.5'ers Im talking about a Pathe lido camera not an outdoor swimming pool [Big Grin]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2007 04:00 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spotted Mr. O'Reilly on Friday at the NEC in Birmingham. I demanded to know why he wasn't dealing with all those orders awaiting him in the climate controlled film storage facility but it seemed he preferred to be on the GT40 stand at the Classic Motor Show for the day instead.

Personally I couldn't understand this so I returned to the TR Drivers Club stand and left him to it! But they are nice looking sports cars those GT40's. Just about the right size for our Ian.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC