8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Derann STD 8 release question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann STD 8 release question.
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 07, 2007 11:40 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now this is interesting.

I collected a Standard 8mm very full 200ft reel of sound film last night and it turns out to be a very early Derann release and includes Derann opener, daysets “Suggestion For Your Future Entertainment”, Dick Barton trailer, Preview, vintage adverts from Cadburys and Pall Mall cigarettes and even a Pathe News.

What is even more interesting is that the voice of Derek Simmonds is heard at the end of the tail which makes it more than a bit special. Its one of those reels I have never seen before and must certainly rate as a very early Derann Standard 8 sound release.

It stands as a complete introductory programme ready to project prior to the feature. I wonder if anyone remembers this early release and can offer up any info? Ged was asked about it and even he cant remember. Far to young obviously.. EE.
[Eek!]
Ill pop a mobile phone clip on YouTube shortly with a link here to help solve the mystery.

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkQ7qcR0psA

And for the tail of the film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIjS1vHO3nw

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 07, 2007 02:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimey!! I didn't even know Derann did standard 8mm? They have been around since the 60's I believe.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 07, 2007 03:45 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Standard 8? Corr, Derann did loads in the 60's and pleased to say I have a few including features. Always good quality as per usual.

Guess what I have found on ebay? The same film I have been asking about.

From what I can gather tonight this was issued as the first Derann Standard 8mm Trailer Advert reel, so it looks very rare indeed.

Here is the item number if anyone needs to find out more re the copy listed on ebay.

Strange old world...

Osi. Some of the Derann features on STD 8 I have are, The Invisible Man, Ghost of Frankenstein and Psycho, all of which were superb and still look good.

[ November 08, 2007, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC