8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Who released "The Mad Doctor" on super 8?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who released "The Mad Doctor" on super 8?
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2007 10:18 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently purchased this used b/w Disney short cartoon "The Mad Doctor". Its an excellent cartoon and a very nice print. I thought it was released by Derann, but its on B/W stock, so I'm not sure, as Derann usually releases their b/w films on color stock (Steamboat Willie, etc.).

Anyone know who released this on super 8?

James.

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 16, 2007 06:56 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In fact there are Derann prints on colour stock - I've got one. However, I've also seen a print from another source, probably the same as yours. The one I saw was is a box with a basic Disney illustration and was from a group of releases, possibly all Micky Mouse cartoons. It didn't look British or American (or a release put out on 8 by Disney) and I thought it was of German origin.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 16, 2007 07:10 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
In the hey day of super 8 Derann did release prints on B/W stock. It was only when there was the problems with the price of silver that the lab they used went over to printing on colour film stocks as it was a lot cheaper. These days there are so few prints made on B/W stock that it's not worth running a B/W process so they still print on colour stock.

K.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC