8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » When your GS1200 makes unusual/unearthly noises from the loudspeakers...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When your GS1200 makes unusual/unearthly noises from the loudspeakers...
Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2007 06:45 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes our GS1200 make unusual/unearthly noises from the loudspeakers... It happens if we don't use the reconrding features since alot of time. All uf us know the cure is to push the recording keys for many many many times...
The guilty of this problems... are TWO guilties. That are two sledges that switch on/off many contacts in the same time.
Due to a very serious failure in a preamplifier I had to disassemble that sledges to fix them,
So I may show you the sledges inside...
click here!

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 20, 2007 01:18 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Beat you to it Ugo, We have covered this many times. I find that if using the switches doesn't work then just running some switch cleaner down the inside of the switch will cure it.

These switches will give many problems from horrible noise down to no playback on one track or no recording on one track or even a meter not working.

It good to put the GS into the record mode a couple of times each time it's used just to keep the switch contacts clean.

Kev

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2007 02:06 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This time the problem was serious: the inner plastic component was broken! The plastic seemed like "desiccate". Perhaps someone cleaned the sledge with a cleaner mixed with silicon oil. That's the time to say: don't use silicon on the plastic components because after some years it lapses the plastic.

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 20, 2007 04:16 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I didnt realise that it was that serious [Frown] How did you manage to repair them.

I agree that only proper contact cleaner should ever be used and one suitable for use with plastics.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2007 08:36 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an old and broken whole pre-amplifier. I took the sledges from that pre. [Wink]

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC