8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Castle films distributed by mountain and cine vision

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Castle films distributed by mountain and cine vision
Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2007 05:17 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
are these exactly the same as the prints in Castle or universal 8 boxes? or are they copies? I see universal 8/Castle films in these other boxes and I wonder if the boxes are just different or are the prints actually made by a different company? thanks!

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2007 12:22 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually different boxes made by the same company. Since the 1950's Castle films and the theatrical rental division United World Films were owned by Universal Pictures, hence the Woody Woodpecker films and Abbott & Costello films.

The companies doing the laboratory work chanaged over the years and some of the best 8mm work was done in the 50s and early 60s by I think Calvin Communications in Kansas City (which was the same company that did industrial films and ran a film lab and made the Moviemite 16mm projector).

John

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 05, 2007 12:37 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Mom was trained to operate the IBM keypunch system and did so for a number of years until I was born. For quite a while whe worked in Manhattan at Universal on Park Avenue handling retail shipments and billing of Castle films.

-so maybe it runs in my blood!

Last year Derann was experiencing a shortage of help and I offered to send her over, the only catch is they'd have to take my mother-in-law too!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 05, 2007 12:46 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Calvin also handled the Blackhawk product, as you might notice on the leader occasionally the initials "CAL" will appear - Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC