8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A SOUND CHRISTMAS PRESENT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A SOUND CHRISTMAS PRESENT
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 22, 2007 06:57 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Top tip for a Christmas present.

I may have stumbled onto a grand idea for the home cinema super 8 showman and a very economical way to improve your presentation over Christmas.

Asda are offering a surround sound kit for a mere £25.00. This includes, woofer, surround speakers and in built amplifiers, even a remote control. This I connected to the line stereo outputs of the GS1200 and it gives a real boost to the sound from well recorded stereo films. Sure, it aint Yamaha, but neither is the price tag at £25.00. The neat surround sound kit comes in a smart box to store it all in, so if your home Cinema is operated on a budget like mine and you pack your gear away as we do in screen 2, this box of tricks is a great buy and the ideal Christmas present for the wife.

If you don’t have a stereo projector but a suitable twin track machine like a Norisound 322, or some other machine where you can pick up each track output separately then this little kit is great fun and will enhance your shows no end.

Home Cinema does not have to be expensive and thanks to Asda you can even improve your sound at a very low cost. AND IT’S FUN!

Happy Chrimbo.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 22, 2007 11:29 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how well that would work with the low level outputs on the ST1200HD. Sounds like a good buy to me.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2007 12:17 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It Asda be a good buy. Excellent [Wink]

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2007 01:32 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chrimbo is a crummy way to wish a Merry Christmas.

It's still Christmas and will aways be Christmas
to me.

Christmas must always be celebrated and never minimized.

Thank you very much!

Thank you very Much clip from Scrooge

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC