8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Problem With ST600

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Problem With ST600
Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2007 07:50 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am having a problem with my ST600.It seems that the lower spocket pulley teeth isn't grapping the spocket holes in the film,which causes the film to bunch up in the projector.To me it looks like the teeth are protruding to far out over the film guide.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 24, 2007 08:12 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob thats a difficult one to imagaine without seeing it. Is there any chance you could take a pic or 2 with a Digital camera.

Does that sprocket turn ok? The sprocket is spring loaded from the rear so it might just be possible that its become stuck in the out position.

I would prefer to see a pic before suggesting anything else.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2007 11:18 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kev.I tried to upload a image but I got an error saying it was to big and I don't know how to reduce it.Anyway I tried the projector again and it worked ok.Does anyone have a service manual for it?

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2007 12:27 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob

Most photography software programs have resizing options from the pull down menus. Check for this because it is rather simple to do. If the original picture and it's larger size is important to save, remember to click the save as option, assigning a slightly different filename. This means you have two identical pictures with different names. The different being resized or larger.

If you see dots per inch DPI option select 120 and/or 3.5 x 5 and this should do the trick for you.

CG

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 24, 2007 03:28 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Fingers crossed that it doesnt happen again. It may have jut been a missthread and wont happen again.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2007 11:40 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly enough, I have an ST1200HD that does exactly what Bob is saying. However, it does it less when I use original film print as leader. It almost always does it when I use any kind of white leader. I have learned to be very picky and very careful when running my films. Bob if you ever figure out what it is besure and let me know so I can check it here.

Chip

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2007 10:41 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev

Thanks for trying to help.The same thing happened again.It looks like the spocket is over the film guide channel like I said before.If I loosen (or take off) the screw on the spocket,does the spocket wheel come off and can I see anything.

Also how about the screw on the channel guide.

I tried resizing Chip but it won't work for me.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2007 04:47 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...........and don't forget to always use the Elmo film trimmer on every leader. The entire auto thread path is designed around it.

David

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 25, 2007 07:37 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The sprocket teeth are designed to run in the correct cut-out in the sprocket guide. It does mean that the correct cut has to be made on the leader of the film to enable proper threading.

Even if it does miss-thread at this point it should correct itself.

Are you trimming the leader correctly. There should be a film trimmer on the front of the machine for doing this.

Kev.

--------------------

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2007 08:55 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I put the spocket hole on the pin of the trimmer and push the lever.I do this to every film I run on it.I presume it is cutting it right.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC