8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sort after Super 8 Prints

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sort after Super 8 Prints
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2008 02:52 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As most people know about 80% of Super 8 commercial package movies have faded or will fade with in time.

What abridged, featurate or feature are you holding out to find on low fade stock if there is a possible solution to the dreaded fade.

Is there titles out there that have been printed on 16mm vs Super 8 that have only been printed on fading stock or on the other hand Low fade stock that makes titles easy to get hold of.

Note that earlier releases have soft focus compared to later printing in the early mid eighties for example ken features which Derann took over in the mid eighties!

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2008 04:12 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to find a full feature of 'Saturday Night Fever' on low fade. My current copy has faded but there are still strong blues I remember. Although with SNF a number of scenes are in the disco and you dont notice the pinkiness so much there so the fade isnt too bad overall.

Graham S

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2008 06:24 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would really like the sound 200fter of TITANIC put out by Ken films, I have the 400fter and the art work on the box is really great!
another digest I want is the sound 400fter of DR WHO AND THE DALEKS but out by Walton.
Another one I would kill for is a scope feature of STARWARS A NEW HOPE. [Big Grin]
New years resolution is to get my hands on the above titles! [Wink]
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 30, 2008 03:20 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess we are thinking of colour films printed prior to 1983 as the vast majority of films printed since then must be low fade. I know that Mark is something of an authority as he has made references to tracking down low fade late prints of 400' releases that have usually faded. Marketing used Agfa for some releases that still look as good as new, e.g. my 400' of 'War of the Worlds'. I'd be tempted by the feature of this if any are low fade, although I once sold a faded copy. If Derann printed any low fade prints of 'Carrie' (2 x 400'), I'd love to find one.

A lot of 16mm scope prints of pre-1980s films seem impossible to find on low fade stock, so anyone wanting (e.g.) 'Dracula Prince of Darkness' with good colour should probably opt for a Super 8 print.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC