8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Scariest Digest ever?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scariest Digest ever?
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2009 04:54 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched a couple of Boris K. digests then had a look at Jaws 2.Surely it is the scariest digest ever?After THIS 16 minutes of maritime mayhem NO ONE could convince me that sharks are really nice but misunderstood creatures!Trev

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2009 01:33 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Trevor....that Jaws 2 cutdown is relentless...there's no let up as there is in the feature. Likewise, I think the Alien digest, if you haven't ever seen the feature, would be pretty scarey, too.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2009 02:52 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some really scary ones from back in the day were "The Omen", "The Exorcist", and "Phantasm".

Each were single 400 foot digests, and each contain a fair share of "JUMP" moments, as well as atmosphere.

James.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 02, 2009 05:51 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the Karloff end, THE MUMMY clinches it

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 02, 2009 07:55 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Trevor, Jaws 2 digest would have to be one of the best.
The original 2/400ft "Jaws" film still stands out have not had a copy of it in years, cant remember if it included Robert Shaw re-telling of the "USS Indianapolis" sinking gripping story telling by Shaw. Incidently the movie "Indianapolis" is due to be released in 2009.

Photo removed no idea where "Jaws" went [Confused]

Graham.

[ January 04, 2009, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Graham Ritchie ]

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2009 08:23 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jaws 2 is fantastically edited! Another one of those "better than the full feature" digests, in my opinion.

But.....Scariest?

There are a few good shocks, like when the burnt corpse pops up in the water in front of Roy Shieder, but the movie seems more of an action/suspence digest to me, as far as the mood of the film.

But definately in my "top ten 400 foot digests" for outstanding editing!

James.

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2009 11:25 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about these?
Straight Jacket-nothing scarier than Joan Crawford with an ax!
Incredible Melting Man-not scary but nicely disgusting
Dracula Prince Of Darkness
The Gorgon

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2009 06:04 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't stand that Jaws 2 cut down! I'll have to agree it's an excellent digest of the feature but that bl00dy screaming teenage girl drives me up the wall!

For me the best 400ft horror cut down is 'The Exorcist'. 'Damien Omen 2' is also excellent.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2009 02:02 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John-

Yes, I remember that screaming girl very well. She was played by Donna Wilkes, who later starred in the cult exploitation flick "Angel". I remember watching the full feature of "Jaws 2" at the cinema back in '79 when it first opened. The theater was crowded, and everyone in the theater was mocking her excessive screaming! It was just too much [Eek!] .

On "Damien"- A good 400 footer, but not quite as tightly edited as "The Omen". I felt that the editors of the digest skipped over a few key scenes that should have been in there.

James.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2009 02:19 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, I agree, "Damien - Omen II", but the Piccolo version! Brilliant piece of editing that manages to retain all of the suspense and atmosphere of the original! It was a real revelation after owning the Ken for several years [Smile]

Sadly my 400ft copy is now totally red, but I had great fun re-recording it into english sound from the DVD using my Goko editor [Smile]

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2009 04:13 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, what happened to the JAWS 2 cover pic in your post? Its been replaced with a different photo! [Confused]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 04, 2009 07:47 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good question Joe, what happened to "Jaws" not a clue how that came about [Confused] will get rid of it, real weird.

Graham. [Eek!]

PS I do remember loosing internet connection at the time of posting the photos on the other topic somthing must have gone a bit strange at the time.

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2009 12:08 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

Indeed, I like very well "Jaws 2". This digest was also released in Scope!

I like too "Kingdom of Spider", a derann digest in 400ft. That's a great thrill!

But in my 35mm trailers collection, the best of all is "The exorcist" director's cut, released in the beginning of 2000. This is for me the most efficient trailer ever made. Just black screen, with some rare flash. Everything is on the sound. Really great!

JC.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 05, 2009 10:36 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, re your picture, I didn't see the initial photo, but if

quote:
Its been replaced with a different photo!
Like Joe said

I think you are facing what I report here.

But I have a feeling every time I reported the strange system on this forum, there was no enough explanation.

It also happened to my recent report here. There was no explanation at all...

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC