8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Fujica ZC1000 question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fujica ZC1000 question
Dave Johnston
Junior

- posted February 04, 2009 04:20 AM      Profile for Dave Johnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi -

I recently purchased a Fujica ZC1000 and I am testing it at the moment - and finding it remarkably solid and easy to use.

I wonder if anyone here can tell me what shutter speed is used when the camera is set to single frame? The manual gives effective shutter speeds for 18fps - 72fps, but does not say what it is for single frame.

My guess is 1/40sec. Is that correct?

Any assistance much appreciated!

Dave

--------------------
Dave

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 07:51 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

the English manual has got a list of shutter-speeds depending on frame rate und shutter-degree-setting on page 23. (It can be downloaded for free here: http://www.single8film.com/manuals.html .) Unfortunately it doesn't say anything about single frames. But I would guess that it's the same as 12fps (= 1/27s to 0s depending on shutter-degree).

Jörg
P.S.: My German manual doesn't say anything about single frames either.

Dave Johnston
Junior

- posted February 04, 2009 09:03 AM      Profile for Dave Johnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg -

Thanks for your response. Ignacio Benedeti, who has wrtten a lot about the ZC1000 in SmallFormat and other magazines, has suggested that single frame would be approx 1/50 sec. Have you tried 1/27sec?

Thanks too for the single8film.com link.

--------------------
Dave

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 10:48 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I can't "try" 1/27s as I don't have a working external light-meter. But this would be easy to test: Put a spot-light onto a lower-pot. Put the camera onto a tripod. Focus the flower-pot. Set the camera to "shutter fully opened" and 12 fps and ensure that the exposure-meter's needle in the viewfinder is exactly in the centre. Now switch to single-frame (without moving the camera)...
... when the needle is still at the same position you can be sure that the 12fps-shutter-times equal the single-frames-shutter-times.
... otherwise ensure that the needle is in the centre and see if it stays there when switching the camera to 18fps (1/40s at 160°) and/or 24 fps (1/54s at 160°).

Jörg
P.S.: Sorry, but I doubt that I can make such a test myself before the weekend!

Dave Johnston
Junior

- posted February 04, 2009 12:33 PM      Profile for Dave Johnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg,

I see what you're doing there. Good advice. I'll try that too, but I am away on business until Tuesday of next week, so not until then.

--------------------
Dave

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC