8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » HELP WANTED WITH LAMP IDENTIFICATION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP WANTED WITH LAMP IDENTIFICATION
David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 06:32 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Serious help required here, chaps and chapesses.

The Elmo F-120 Standard 8 projector arrived yesterday from Australia, and whilst she needs a bit of TLC to bring her up to the (my) required standard of mintness, I am at a loss to identify the lamp needed.

There is no lamp nor instruction book. However, the nameplate states the lamp is 12 volts, 120 watts. The lampholder is a smaller version of the pre-focus type as used in the Elmo E-80, F-80 and the Ampro machines.....the base is 3/4" dia. and has a single centre contact. There are 3 pin projections for location, rather like a bayonet UK domestic light bulb (which has only 2 locating pins) and the lamp mounts vertically, with base down.

At this voltage and wattage, it has to be a halogen lamp of some kind, I'm sure.

I have described the base pretty accurately, and I'll take a photo of the lampholder at some point if that would help - but I can't even find a 12v 120w lamp on the internet which is even vaguely close.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, - HELP, ANYONE?? [Confused] [Confused]

I want to try to keep everything original, rather than doing a lamp conversion.

BTW, this machine takes 600ft reels without modification, and by engineering a small notch in the baseplate, will easily accommodate 800 footers. [Big Grin]

THANKS.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC