8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » PK59 cannot (longer) be used for Super 8 Kodachrome

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PK59 cannot (longer) be used for Super 8 Kodachrome
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 14, 2009 06:06 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a reply from Krystal at Dwayne that PK59 cannot (longer) be used for super 8 Kodachrome.

Here is what she says:

quote:
To: winbert@xxxx.com
Subject: Re: PK 59 to Canada
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:02:18 -0500

You may still use the PK59 for processing of E6 movie films and for Kodachrome regular 8 processing but not for Kodachrome super 8. The PK59 will only be honored through the end of December of this year. The Kodak mailer program ends at this time.

Sincerely,

Krystal

Dwayne's Photo
PO Box 274 / 415 S. 32nd St.
Parsons, KS 67357
800-522-3940
620-421-3940

But Super 8 Kodachrome is still processed at Dwayne until December 2010, so why they stop to receive PK59 for Super 8 Kodachrome, although it is used before the end of PK 59 expiration which is December this year?

Secondly, I used to use PK59 from and return to USA address, but since I now moved to Canada, Krystal has assured me that PK 59 will also cover return postage to Canada.

quote:
To: Krystal Dwayne
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 3:14 PM
Subject: RE: PK 59 to Canada

Thanks Krystal,

I now live in Toronto, Canada, does the mailers also cover for return postage to Canada?

thanks,

winbert

To: winbert@xxxx.com
Subject: Re: PK 59 to Canada

The mailers does cover the mailing cost back for postage even to Canada.

Sincerely,

Krystal

Dwayne's Photo
PO Box 274 / 415 S. 32nd St.
Parsons, KS 67357
800-522-3940
620-421-3940

My second question, does it mean PK59 will also pay the return postage to anywhere in the world? or limited to USA and Canada only?

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 09:26 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Krystal has assured me that PK 59 will also cover return postage to Canada.
Just want to let you know (especially those who are in Canada), I just received 2 cartridges E64T processed by Dwayne using PK59 mailers.

Yes it is correct that Dwayne (on behalf of Kodak) will not only process my films but also send back the films to my address in Canada WITHOUT any additional charge.

So the mailers are actually cover everything!.

The thing that keep me scratching my head that Dwayne using "USPS Priority Mail" (trackable) to send back my films to Canada. Here is the envelope:

-

AS you can see for the stamp it does cost Dwayne (or Kodak) $10.95 !!!

So how do they make money?? [Big Grin]

Sadly, PK mailers system will end this year, while I still a bunch of cartridges and mailers [Frown]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC