8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Lazy take-up on ST-600

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lazy take-up on ST-600
Damien Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2009 09:23 AM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a bog standard ST-600 that I bought a year or so ago, unfortunately the take-up is weak, intermittent or unfortunately doesn't work at all. Hopefully someone has some knowledge of the inner workings of this machine can help me. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2009 02:00 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damien,
The ST600/St180 projectors have a separate reel belt. If you go to this ebay number 180424205086 and enlarge the photo you will see it clearly at the top of the machine. If this gets slack the take up gives trouble.
Note: If anyone wants an excellent picture of the mechanism side of this model, save this one now...

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Damien Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2009 07:43 PM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Martin, this is probably the cause of my troubles.

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2009 06:24 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re the lazy take up reel.
The top belt you speak of drives a friction clutch pack.
These can slip if they get oil on the cork washer or if there is insufficient spring pressure on the cork.
If the belt is Ok try cleaning the cork and reset the spring tension to overcome poor drive at the take Up reel.
Spray clean the pulleys that the top belt drives with brakecleaner. Make sure they are dry.
Let us know what you find. [Wink]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC