8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Overpriced?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Overpriced?
John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 12:55 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out what this seller is asking for a short Beatles film:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1964-Beatles-B-W-8mm-film-reel-movie-arriving-in-NY_W0QQitemZ110449680193QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

WTF?

|  IP: Logged

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 01:13 PM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"" I know my price is extremely low but I could use the money. ""

LOL !!!

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 01:23 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Until he gives a source for this alleged "6000-quid-sale" that he mentions, I'm not buying into it.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 01:26 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Golden stock, probably [Roll Eyes] .

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 29, 2009 03:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The amazing thing is that, as the seller stated, sometimes people will pay an amazingly outrageous price for these things, so then all the other poor folks assume that they are going to cover a second mortgage on they're house by selling they're little 50ft "Beatles come to America" ...

... now, if it was a 50ft color standard 8mm film shot by a fan, close up, and it was unique home movie ... I have seen THOSE go for big bucks.

There was a home movie by a technician on a Marylin Monroe film, shot behind the scenes on the film "Niagra" that sold recently for thousands of dollars. It was being the scenes as they were filming a scene and the color was superb. The film was slightly grainy and a little out of focus, but still, it was definitely Miss Monroe, and it sold for thousands and you would have to admit, it was one of a kind footage!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe McAllister
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 03:30 PM      Profile for Joe McAllister   Email Joe McAllister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi the Marylin Monroe fillm that sold for 1000's was I believe shot on the set of the "Misfits" not "Niagra" which was not only her but Gable's and Clift's last film, so it had a lot of history going for it and I believe there was a lot of footage not just 50' I expect it will turn up as archive in a documentary or perhaps even a DVD release as the rights went with the footage.So it had some exploitation potential
The Beatles film in question is some mute news footage (I have a copy) and the rights would not be included. But if you were a Beatles fan for 10,000 dollars you could probably get miles of their footage from the companies that shot it.

--------------------
Always interested in privately produced amateur and home movies.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC