8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Horror Double Bill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horror Double Bill
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2009 08:48 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So guys who will be showing a horror double bill this weekend on Halloween!

I will be showing Dracula 1931 with Bela Lugosi and Bride of Frankenstein 1935

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 30, 2009 10:07 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, you got it Robert!

Mine will be the standard "Poltergeist" and "The Fog."

To begin with, it will be "Spooks", a Flip the Frog cartoon.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2009 10:17 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Skeleton Dance" cartoon to begin with followed by "The Devil Rides Out" and "Horror of Dracula" - A Hammer night of horror [Eek!]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2009 10:36 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're having a halloween party Saturday night and I plan on setting up the projector at some point to show "The Mummy's Ghost" 400-ft digest with extra scenes added from the 200-ft version. I may start with a cartoon, "The Cuckoo Clock" which is kind of Halloweenish.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2009 01:02 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First showing a 200' reel with horror trailers, then the 200' version of "Dracula", and finally the "Frankenstein" remastered DVD release.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 10:05 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have already had a few shows this week,an 8mm show on Wednesday which inc THE DEVIL RIDES OUT Derann 400ft (unfaded,lovely colour!!)and the following 400ft's SQUIRM,THE BROOD,PHANTASM,ALIEN and THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN + assorted horror related trailers.

Great show!!!

Also showed ALIEN last night on dvd upscaled to 1080p on my plasma tv,this looked stunning and still retains all its scares.

I will be showing some vintage movies tonight on my LCD projector inc CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON and THE THING-Howard Hawks version.

Happy Halloween!!!

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 04:37 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, I'm too new to Super 8 to have many horror titles to run this Halloween. Hopefully next year will be different. [Smile]

So, it's been strictly DVD this year. I started at midnight last night (as always) and will end sometime after midnight tonight.

Here's the schedule:

FEATURE FILMS:

Fall Of The House Of Usher (1979 TV Movie)
Day Of The Animals
Masque Of The Red Death (1964)
Pit And The Pendulum (1961)
The Final Conflict (on Blu-Ray!)
Halloween (1978/extended TV version)
Halloween 2 (1981)

Mixed in between movies were:

Sigmund & The Sea Monsters: Trick Or Treat
Buck Rogers: Space Vampire

It's been fun as always but I hope next year to have a Super 8 film or two to supplement the digital stuff. [Wink]

Tom

[ October 31, 2009, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Thomas Murin, Jr. ]

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 31, 2009 06:51 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good pick on that Buck Rogers episode Tom!

Besides the two hour first episode of that second season (first appearance of "Hawk"), that "Space Vampire" episode was the best of that shorter second season.

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 07:15 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished my Halloween show - "Devil Rides Out" 4 x 400ft unfaded print and "Horror of Dracula", full length feature (super print) with the "Skeleton Frolics", in color, for a little levity. I really enjoyed it and I think my audience of two did, also.

Next show in planning - Christmas?

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 07:21 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Osi! And actually, Space Vampire was in the first season of Buck Rogers.

Although the second season episode "The Guardians" would also have worked for Halloween. That's the one where Buck and Wilma find a jade box that gives anyone who opens it nightmarish visions. An unusually mature, and scary, episode for the series.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 10:08 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Made a slight edit to my list. The Final Conflict was watched on Blu-Ray NOT DVD. It was the only high-def offering this Halloween. Last year the entire marathon was HD!

I hope next year to really mix it up with formats: a little DVD, a little Blu-Ray and a little Super 8.

BTW, all three Omen films are STUNNING on Blu-Ray! A real night and day difference over the DVD versions and the DTS-MA tracks really allow Jerry Goldsmith's score to shine on all three films.

Tom

--------------------

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 12:10 AM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did Quartermass and the Pit and Psycho (reg 8 Derann)

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 12:37 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran the U8 400fter of THE RAVEN
followed by the Ken Films 400fter of THE OMEN
great fun! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 01, 2009 02:28 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
35mm Halloween double bill:
- Squirm (good condition Eastman print with colours holding - yeah, I know it sounds odd but it's true)
- Return of the Living Dead (great Agfa print)
- Assorted adds and trailers

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 01, 2009 08:18 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your right Tom!

I got confused because the episode takes place on a space station and the second season they were out in space looking for stuff. It was a nice mix of Vampire/zombie stuff!

Erin Grey was so "Boo-tiful!" She was shockingly sexy!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 08:22 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A little bit late, but my programme will probably be Romero's ZOMBI and/or Argento's DEEP RED in super 8. Tonight, I hope... SUSPIRIA also by Argento was in my mind too, but the print is not really the best. I'll decide later.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC