8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Braun Visacustic 2000 speed problem...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Braun Visacustic 2000 speed problem...
Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 02:53 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi All,

before trying to have my Braun Visacustic serviced here in Rome by some technician, I would like to ask if the problem I have with os know and could easily solved.

I have replaced the mnotor belt with a new one (thanks to Mark Williams 'isellprojectorbelts' on ebay, who was able to provide me the orignal square belt) but the projector still suffers from the very bad speed problem...

It seems that very randonly it begins to accelerate or slow without any evident cause, during the projection.

When I start to project a movie it runs quiet good, but after two-three minutes, the fan becomes very noisy and the speed absolutely too fast or too slow in a intermittent way... I was told it depended by the motor belt, but I replaced it (it was circular section, like an o-ring) and the problem is still present.

May it depends by some electronic component of the vertical circuit board in the rear part of the projector? I could easily unplug it and it have adjusted by a friend, but I should know exaclty which component (if any) has to be replaced...

Any help?

Thanks
Flavio

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 07, 2009 04:55 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio, as far as I remember, the major asset of the Visacustic IS the electronic speed control. It could be its major flaw as well.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 08:16 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A sudden, inconsistent increase in speed can't depend on a faulty/worn motor belt: in that case the speed could only decrease. So I second Jean-Marc on this: the problem should be tracked down to the electronic motor control board: it shouldn't be hard to fix: have you tried Camponeschi (Sergio) in Rome? I think they should have all the knowledge to locate the problem.

--------------------
Maurizio

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 09:26 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is clearly an electronic problem;most likely causes...

1. A "dry" joint (a solder joint that has fractured with time).
Usually detected and located by careful tapping of the panel while the machine is running with an insulated stick of some sort.
2. A dirty adjustment potentiometer. These can usually be cured by the application on contact cleaner or sewing machine oil to the track, followed by working it backwards and forwards.

For anything more complex (intermittent component failure etc.) a schematic will usually be needed.

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 10:58 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to All!

The strange thing is that in the rewind position the speed is always constant... NOw the problem is present also with the yellow button, before inserting the film. In this case the speed should be very slow, but instead is really too fast!

Anyway, thanks Maurizio, I will bring it to Sergio... I was indeed thinking to him, but I was asking myself if he was expert mainly on Bauer machines. Let's try it!

Flavio

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC