8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » FOR COLLECTORS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FOR COLLECTORS
John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2009 05:05 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150387877646&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Might be of interest to some one

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

|  IP: Logged

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 04:15 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And is this the same projector? (apart from name)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPERB-'50s-ITALIAN-CINE-PROJECTOR-for-DECORATION_W0QQitemZ390112141423QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091030?IMSfp=TL0910301810004r27155

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

Joe McAllister
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2009 01:35 PM      Profile for Joe McAllister   Email Joe McAllister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the 1960's what was then known as the National Film Theatre in Waterloo had one of these projectors(sound version) adapted to have a carbon arc light source.
The light output was staggering even on a big cinema screen and the picture was rock steady.
From memory they were marketed as Nilus Cirse and Oregon and sound and silent versions were available but don't know who the original manufacturer was.

--------------------
Always interested in privately produced amateur and home movies.

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2009 05:17 AM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I decided to buy the red one but now I need some old fashioned reels for it. And a power lead, It would be interesting just to see it in action

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2009 08:06 AM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive managed to wire the thing up, plugged it in and hey presto........it works like a dream, just need the gate cleaning now and some old reels, oh and an instruction book so I can put a film through it (not sure how you would feed it through)

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 05:59 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I took great risk running some old Std 8 film of mine through it and it didnt chew it up, (good job ive transfered all my old stuff onto disk) [Eek!]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC