8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Large Ebay lot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Large Ebay lot
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 01:30 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought some of you 8mm chaps might be interested in this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Super-8-Massive-Job-Lot-OVER-250-FILMS_W0QQitemZ160380872550QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DVD_Film_TV_OtherFormats_GL?hash=item255771e766

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 01:33 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is driving me more balmy, if anyone does purchase the lot, I noticed some U-8, Castle, Ken, possibly Walton - If anything I need is in there, I'm of a mind fro it, so please don't forget - Cheers, Shorty

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 01:36 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny...I thought you might be one of the first to respond to this, Shorty. [Smile]

Good luck finding your wants in that lot.

If I collected Super 8 I might be tempted.

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 02:59 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grab bag du jour. With this you truly have to say "at the very least I can get extra reels and boxes" [Big Grin]
Apart from B/W, god knows how many have anything approaching normal color...but one never knows. Someone will roll the dice.
The 9.5 might be the most interesting thing in the lot.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 03:26 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot be absolutely certain but the titles look very similar to titles that were on sale at the Blackpool Convention yesterday. It may just be a coincidence of course, but there are certain titles in that batch that were on sale and, if so, some have a Spanish soundtrack? The markings on the boxes are very "similar" to the "print gradings" used by a large dealer, who may well have sold this batch of films, as a "job lot", to the E-Bay seller.

I think it will be one of those sales that will depend on the final bid as to whether it's a bargain, or not? At the very least, as Claus has said, the winner will have plenty of spare reels and boxes.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 06:18 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are too many duplicate titles. So, Keith, I believe they used belong to a dealer. My opinion.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 10:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They look to be mostly digests and shorts and so I wouldn't be too interested. But if someone from the forum buys the lot, I would hope that they would list them all.

One things for sure ... whoever buys them, if they buy them for resale, will no doubt make back what they paid ... plus much more!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 01:56 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert -
"I believe they used belong to a dealer. My opinion".

That is exactly what I am saying - they may have been purchased from a dealer, at the Blackpool Convention, as a "job lot".

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 07:04 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What gets me is that the seller is quite happy to sell them at whatever he can get for them, but currently the price is only £39. But what dealer will sell all that lot for only £40 unless the seller knows (or hopes) that the final prce will be much higher.

I never come across dealers who are that desperate they will sell that amount of films for next to nothing.

Graham S

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 24, 2009 07:09 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps it's the dealer himself who's the ebay seller??

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC