8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Super 8 Sound 700 need repairer in Wales

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Super 8 Sound 700 need repairer in Wales
Marian Taylor
Junior

- posted November 09, 2010 08:16 PM      Profile for Marian Taylor   Email Marian Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Sankyo Super 8 700 Sound Projector. It runs OK for a while but then slows right down and even stops and it doesn't always go in reverse. Does anyone know of someone who could repair it for me in Wales UK. The voices come out too high - speed set to 18.
Also I can't find any quik splice to join the film
Marian

--------------------
Mari L

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 10, 2010 10:28 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The voices come out too high - speed set to 18.
This one is easy to fix, there are always 2 small pitch adjustment in the main board, one for 18 fps and the other one for 24 fps. You can use a small screw driver to adjust.

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Marian Taylor
Junior

- posted November 10, 2010 10:50 AM      Profile for Marian Taylor   Email Marian Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow a reply from Canada! Hi, thanks for that. I have looked into this before and couldn't locate potentiometers - if that's what they are. Also I was concerned about something to do with touching or not touching the case with the screwdriver so haven't been able to do that task.
Thanks anyway
Marian - I have a couple of pics but haven't worked out how to upload them yet.

--------------------
Mari L

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC