8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » halogen lamp transformer for a 24v 250w bulb

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: halogen lamp transformer for a 24v 250w bulb
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2011 05:58 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for a new modern halogen lamp transformer for a 24v 250w bulb that can be plugged in and wired/runs outside the projector. Do you know of any available which i could buy which would be cased?

Thanks guys!

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 17, 2011 06:06 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out here you cun buy sealed units as you describe I use one for the 24v/300watt lamp in the old 35mm. The unit is fused and easy to wire up. The one I bought was rated to 350 watts I went higher rated one that gave me a better safety margin.

Making one out of an old scrap B/H 16mm eg green model worked well for me for the GS1200, plus I can run the 250watt lamp on the lower voltage setting if I want thus extending the life of the lamp. The total cost was about $10 and used an old speaker box $3 worth to put it all in...and it works well [Smile]
 -

-
All the bits from the scrap B/H
 -
Being able to use the 250 watt Xenophot ELC lamp was a huge step forward light wise compared with the dull EJL.

I better add for anyone else reading this, dont use a 250 watt lamp in the GS1200 using the projectors transformer you could damage it.

Graham.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC