8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Second reel of The Muppet Movie by Walton, does it exist?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Second reel of The Muppet Movie by Walton, does it exist?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 29, 2011 10:30 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@ JM on the other thread you say:

quote:
FYI, a second reel of The Muppet Movie was released by Walton at the end of their reign. In my years of collecting, I've only seen it once (and it's in my possession).
Instead of asking in that thread, I'd like to start a new thread because this one is a new for me. Did the second reel exist?.

Can you post the cover please?

Any bod can give more info?

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 29, 2011 01:54 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course it exists, I have it !
I purchased it in a generic box (at the BFCC a couple of years ago), so no cover available, it's interspliced with part one now.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 29, 2011 02:11 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first Muppet does have nice color (no fading) because it is on AGFA.

How do you see your second reel, JM? and how the story flow goes after you intespliced it with the first reel.

BTW, this is my box of the first reel:

-

Anybody can share the cover of the second reel please.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 29, 2011 06:00 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some clarification please?

From what I understood, there was 1X400ft and a 1X200ft parts, or were they're 2X400ft of this title.

If there is just the 200ft and 400ft editions, is there any overlapping footage or are both completely edit-able together?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 30, 2011 10:28 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, thank you for your input. I had the original 400ft reel, then I found a 2x400ft version at the BFCC (generic box with scan of reel#1 's artwork). Now that they are squeezed on a 600ft, I realize it could have been 400+200. I was fooled by uncompletely filled 400 reels (like 300+ ft on each, like some U8 releases).
It's adding some consecutive new scenes to the edit :
After the bonfire sequence, the "Have I found my place?" song by Gonzo and Kermit's meditation time…

New material :
We witness the return of Dr Teeth and Electric Mayhem, there's some riding on the bus, the henchman dressed as cop warning about the frog killer, arrival at ghost town, meeting with Bunsen Honeydew and Beeker, lab visit, western shootout (Doc vs Kermit and the gang), Animal (as his giant self) saves the day,

then return to original reel (Arrival at H'wood and meeting with Orson Welles).

Quality in on par with reel1, top notch colours, fine grain, good sound.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 30, 2011 10:38 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh, I'd love to get that just for the fact that they included Orson Welles scene!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2011 04:58 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, Jean-Marc and Osi, Walton did a 1x400ft and a 1x200ft version.

I think we need an intricate break down of the editing required to make the full version!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Wink]

[ April 01, 2011, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Rob Young. ]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 02:27 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob, I just did! Didn't you read the thread before answering?

--------------------

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2011 03:54 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, Jean-Marc, you're right, I didn't read it properly [Roll Eyes] .

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2011 05:59 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was lucky enough to pick up the 400ft plus 200ft edited together on a 600ft spool yesterday @ the Cinema Museum in London from Mr Dave Locke,colours are still excelllent and for a bargain price too!!

Well worth the visit alone.

The Museum is well worth a visit if you are in London.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC