8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Canon Zoom 518 Super 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Canon Zoom 518 Super 8
Sveinn Gunnarsson
Junior

- posted April 27, 2011 02:08 PM      Profile for Sveinn Gunnarsson   Email Sveinn Gunnarsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This topic is just to find out what I have in my possesion. I'm not really trying to sell anything.

What I have is a Canon Zoom 518 Super 8 - 8 mm Movie Camera bought in 1967. It hasn't been used all those years (after my best knowledge) and is still in the original box, with leather case, the plastic and the styrofoam in the box and the original Canon plastic bag around the leather bag. I thing this is exactly the same movie camera as can be seen in the link above.

My question is therefore is this something which is collectable or what is peoples opinion or thoughts regarding such an item?

I'm new here and I hope I haven't done anything wrong by asking about this on this forum and under this topic...

--------------------
Regards,
Sveinn

|  IP: Logged

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2011 03:02 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This looks like an earlier version of the camera I've got, the 814 Autozoom. It also uses the same type of exposure meter and batteries, so they probably have much of the same mechanics.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2011 05:41 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Sveinn! I have two of these cameras and I frequently use them. They have a nice sharp lens. They are pretty simple and straight forward cameras but they do produce a very nice image. As far as being collectable...I collect them! Just kidding [Smile]

Probably of more interest to someone who would use it I would guess.

Bill [Smile]

Sveinn Gunnarsson
Junior

- posted April 28, 2011 07:14 AM      Profile for Sveinn Gunnarsson   Email Sveinn Gunnarsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your answers. This doesn't seem to be the most collectable item, even when unused and in the original emballage..? But I think I will keep it for some time more. Maybe I'll try to use it and see if everything works as it should...

--------------------
Regards,
Sveinn

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 28, 2011 09:58 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a Canon 814 or 1014, especially with the suffix XL, then you have "something" there.

Not because a collectible item, but that series are highly used.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC