8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My 1000th post

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My 1000th post
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 16, 2011 03:58 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 1000th post.
Thought I would use my 1000th post on here to reflect on this fascinating hobby of ours which has given me and I know thousands of others years of pleasure. Starting out in the early 1970’s my primary aim was to be a young film maker and with a small group of friends we made a number of short amateur films. Later joining Cine clubs I got involved in group projects and all this soon fuelled film collecting and the discovery of Derann Films. One thing that has been a tremendously important part of my life thus far is spending a fair bit of time with other cine film makers and collectors which has led to a great deal of fun. Sadly over the last few years I’ve been to so many funerals and another only this week of these close friends it is proving a difficult part of life parting company, but it non the less awaits us all. Today we are still blessed with a number of film collecting conventions, dedicated dealers who are all there to help us sustain our hobby which is like no other and my own thoughts are that it is paramount we support events and dealers if we are in a position to do so. I’m not along in saying I love film and moreover the intermittent as we used to call it and may I close my 1000th post by saying thank you to film for the many years pleasure you have given to me both at home and out and about. Long may our hobby continue!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 16, 2011 07:35 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Lee! And many thanks to you for your always interesting and informative posts both here and on YouTube, particularly your 9.5mm posts. And of course you have the distinction of initiating the longest thread ever on this forum!
Again, it was great to finally meet you at the recent BFCC.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 16, 2011 10:24 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on your 1,000 posts.

I've lost track as to how many I have, but I'm such a blabbermouth that my rating is more due to a trap (mouth) that won't shut and fingers that are incapable of ceasing to type!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC