8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Would this work with a Eumig Stereo Projector?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would this work with a Eumig Stereo Projector?
Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2011 08:46 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would this work with a Eumig Stereo Projector to input music for recording? [Confused]

Din Adapter Plug

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2011 10:06 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Impossible to tell.
The DIN system plugs (and sockets) with 5 pins spaced over 180 degrees have standard connections.... the centre pin is "ground", the two pins to one side of ground are "left/right" channel INPUTS and the two on the other side of ground are "left/right" channel OUTPUTS.
The Description of the linked cable does not identify the connections, they could be stereo INPUTS or stereo OUTPUTS, or even a MONO INPUT and a MONO OUTPUT!
As long as the Eumig machine you have is capable of accepting inputs through the DIN socket (and providing outputs as well) you need a lead that has the matching (there is another 5 pin configuration)5 pin DIN plug on one end and 4 Phono plugs (or sockets) on the other. You can use such a lead for ANY purpose.

For example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5 -PIN-MIDI-DIN-PLUG-4-RCA-PHONO-MALE-PLUGS-CABLE-5M-/360314396919?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item53e46960f7

Radio Shack in the USA should be able to help BUT check the plug pin configuration before buying).
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 02, 2011 10:27 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Eumig 926 stereo had these plugs as well! They work fine!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2011 10:31 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin,
I think I will simply order the cable you linked to. I found nothing comparable on the Radio Shack website. The workers at Radio Shack nowadays are not very knowledgeable either. Its annoying that Eumig didn't include cables with their projectors. Thanks for your help! [Smile]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2011 11:50 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pleased to be of help! When the lead arrives it may have identifying sleeves on the individual ends.
If not, this will help...
http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/pin-out/dincon.php
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 02, 2011 12:32 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Radio Shack is pretty useless fot DIN connectors.

-If you want a cell phone or a radio rontrolled puppy, it's your place though!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 02, 2011 12:52 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha!

Your right, Radio Shack used to be "thee" tech place, but it's very little good.

I highly suggest checking out ebay for those connectors, you'll probably have better luck.

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC