8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Regent Films/Griggs Films?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Regent Films/Griggs Films?
Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2011 04:01 PM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey All,

I have a 8mm Regent print of Buster Keaton's The Baloonatic. Its
on two 200ft reels with a regent box. I was looking at the head and tail leader of it the other day, and it looks very similar if not exactly like that of a 8mm Griggs print. Does anyone know if Regent may have resold a Griggs print, or duped it? Any info would be appreciated. I have always been able to tell 8mm Griggs prints by their leader, which is generally very similar to a 8mm Griggs print of Metropolis, that I got from Donnie Lee, whose father was Bob Lee of Griggs Moviedrome. Any help would be appreciated.

After further inspection of both Regent Leaders, and Griggs, I'm curious if they both used the same lab, and that could be why they look similar. Looking at later Griggs super 8 prints, they used Cine Magnetic Inc, which is the same lab Canterbury used as well too, and their leaders look similar too. Ware was Regent films from?

[ July 05, 2011, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Bradford A Moore ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC