8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Derann Open Day on 3rd July

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann Open Day on 3rd July
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 08, 2011 09:00 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondered if anyone went, and if so, how did it go? I wish I could have gone in view of the advertised "Massive clearance of 8 and 16mm films and memorabilia at silly prices", so did anyone pick up some fantastic bargains?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2011 12:35 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a good do, though less 8mm stuff to buy (film-wise) and more 16mm, I thought. Equipment was indeed good; I bought a Sankyo 800 Stereo for £15...all it needs is the sound sorting out. There were lots of 16mm projectors; Elmo 16CLs (spares or repairs) £20 or fully working £75. Elf machines were also there (NT1s) at around £15-20. At these prices, though working, they'd have probably needed a good service. Plenty of old projector lamps at £5 each. Also, the cinema was very well attended. Another good day in every way.

[ July 08, 2011, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Simon McConway ]

Nick Field
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2011 04:44 PM      Profile for Nick Field   Email Nick Field   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was there too, bought 16mm print of ghostbusters not yet projected in superb condition,also a kowa 16c anamorphic with the eiki attachment,a couple of take up spools and the dvd of on with the show, all in all an enjoyable day out,the first one I have ever been to so I will be going to the next one, can't wait. [Smile]
So might see you at the next one Simon. [Big Grin]

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2011 07:41 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got some nice little gems incl.an old Vitagraph excerpt (Juggernaut) & some newsreels & sold 7 out of 8 films I brought to the bring & buy;nice weather helped the journey & also enjoyed Bob's 2nd film show with the rarities,so overall good [Smile] ...
....but the best I heard is, they think of bringing back the Xmas Open Days-which I very much miss...oh,please please DERANN do it!!!

--------------------
Yannis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC