8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Is there a complete list of Columbia Comedy Classics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there a complete list of Columbia Comedy Classics?
David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2011 04:21 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few of these Columbia Comedy Classics in the white and blue 400ft boxes and plastic hard cases. Columbia delved into their expansive shorts library to release these, but they never sold as well as the Three Stooges.

Does anyone have a listing or a catalog scan they can share? I enjoy these and would like to buy more.

|  IP: Logged

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2011 02:03 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David. I have Columbia catalogs from 1966, 1968, 1977, and 1979. I will be happy to list the titles you are interested in. Could you give me an example of the series (a title, a star, etc.)? Thanks.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2011 10:45 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great catlogs to have Carter; I would love to be able to find a 77 and 79 to buy.

I was actually wondering how many old Columbia two-reelers were in the Classic series with the white and blue box cover. We all know the Three Stooges titles that were released, but how many other shorts? If there are too many to list, that is fine, but I keep finding different titles in this 400ft series.

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 06:18 AM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 1977 catalog seems to have the most complete list of two-reeler comedies. In the sound portion of the catalog (it is separated into sound and silent):
Charlie Chase comedies: The Big Squirt, Calling all Doctors, The Heckler, and Rattling Romeo.
Andy Clyde comedies: Alimony Aches, A Bundle of Bliss, Gets Spring Chicken, In the Dog House, and It Always Happens.
Leon Errol comedy: Honeymood Bridge.
Roscoe Karns comedy: Half Shot at Sunrise.
Buster Keaton comedies: Nothing but Pleasure, The Pest from The West. Note: I have Buster Keaton in "Li'l Abner" released by Niles.
Harry Langdon comedies: Dog-gone Mixup, See My Lawyer.
also listed: Screen Snapshots: Memories of Famous Hollywood Comedians.
Wheeler & Woolsey comedy: So This is Africa
In the silent section of the catalog:
Andy Clyde: Caught in the Act, Stuck in the Sticks.
Danny Kaye: Man from Diner's Club.
Buster Keaton: Pardon my Birth Marks, So You Don't Squawk.
I hope this helps!

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2011 06:50 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carter, excellent, thank you.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC