8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Prinz magnon super IQ power cable

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prinz magnon super IQ power cable
William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2011 11:01 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi does anyone know where i could get a power cable for this projector?I bought it off a car boot sale for £1 and im curious to see if it works.Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 11, 2011 11:20 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi William,

Can you post a picture of the inlet the cable would plug into? In the best case it's something common.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2011 12:25 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi would love to send a pic but no idea how to ive read the upload image thing but means nothing to me :/

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 11, 2011 12:35 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The easy thing to do is shoot a picture with a cell phone: they come out in the neighborhood of what the picture upload is expecting in terms of file size and pixel dimensions. Otherwise you can shoot with a digital camera and downsize the file.

--------------------

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2011 01:47 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have taken the picture its the actual uploading i have the problem with.I dont know how to get the url code.I can describe it [Smile] it is 3 pins in a straight row the middle one is longer than other two.Sorry for seeming bit dim im used to using imageshack (tried it and got warned about using outside hosting) anyway i might figure it out eventually.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2011 03:37 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same machine...the mains input lead is VERY unusual!
The (female ) plug on the lead has 3 pins in line at 10 mm spacing set in a block measuring 27.25 mm by 7.25 mm overall. I have not seen this used on any other machine before.
It may be peculiar to the manufacturer of the projector... BELL KO-ON of Japan.
There is not enough room where it is mounted to change it for an IEC chassis plug to natch a computer mains lead. If you have reasonable technical skills (or know someone who has) I would suggest removing the socket and fitting a permanent "flying lead" mains cable, making sure it is firmly anchored inside the machine.
Martin

[ July 12, 2011, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Martin Jones ]

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2011 05:01 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats the one and i like the idea of just having a fixed one makes perfect sense.I will get a professional to do it as i am likely to fry myself.Thanks for the advice and tip.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 13, 2011 10:32 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Call:

-you can only fry yourself once!

--------------------

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2011 01:28 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Kenneth Williams said in Carry on Screaming "frying tonight" [Smile]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 14, 2011 08:04 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William,

If you're having difficulty with uploading pictures to the Forum, here's my version of the photo uploading directions:

When you click on the "Post Reply" button, you're taken to the page where you type your reply in the message box. Underneath that box, on the left side is a link that reads "Click here to upload an image." If you click on that, you're taken to the Image Upload page. Scroll down and you'll see
a place to enter your user name and password. After doing that, click on the "Browse" button, which lets you choose the photo you want to upload.
Remember, the photo can't be any larger than 550 pixels wide and must be less than 200K file size. After you've chosen the photo, click the "Submit" button. If everything works properly, you'll see the "Success! Your Photo has been uploaded!" page. Copy the link for your photo and paste it into your response.
The photo should show up in your post!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 14, 2011 08:33 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, if your using paint to resize the photo, use the pixel instead of % (percentage). Then just insert the pixel size that Doug mentioned and you will get it right the 1st time! [Big Grin]

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2011 09:08 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Has it worked :/  -

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC