8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cinevent

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinevent
Chad Shumaker
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2013 10:33 PM      Profile for Chad Shumaker   Email Chad Shumaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've told myself the last two years that I wanted to go to Cinevent in Columbus. And for two years, I've had other commitments. I really want to go next year but I do wonder...

What can I expect to see there? Is there quite a bit of Super 8 stuff? New? Old?

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 12, 2013 06:09 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chad, you will expect to see Shorty [Smile] , and a great array of top collectors/dealers - The Whayne Brothers show choice 16 in their huge dealer section (there is also the screening room where films are shown all day by CINEVENT, and many rare shorts), expect to see Alex Bartosh, a leader in 8mm and 16mm - Please plan to attend

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2013 04:21 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chad, I go every year with my father and always pick up some good deals. It would be great to see you there! I always see Shorty there...looking through the shorts!

Bill [Smile]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 15, 2013 07:04 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What else?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 15, 2013 07:15 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty,

You're an East Coast guy like me.

How do you travel to Columbus, how long does it take to get there?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2013 08:02 AM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

I've driven to Columbus once. I'm in the northeast part of N.J.; and it took me 9 hours. I'd tack on 2 hours since you're in L.I. It's a nice drive, though. INT 80 out and from what I remember, two tolls.

On a negative note, I was told film has diminished greatly these past few years. DVD-R galore and posters.

John

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2013 04:13 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes there is one big room of 16mm and a couple other dealers that have 16mm and 8mm. A lot of paper, posters, lobby cards, 8 x 10's, magazines and dvds. There is film sprinkled about at the other dealer tables but there is tons of paper...

Bill [Smile]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 15, 2013 04:37 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You asked me about travel there - About an hour/half to fly

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC