8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS-1200 small problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS-1200 small problem
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 14, 2014 12:23 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is annoying only, not used much like this.

The video shows my GS rewinding, backwards unloaded and backwards loaded. The last one is what bugs me a bit, the front wheel just stops. If I help it start, it goes backwards normally. It didn't use to do this, happened a couple of months ago I think

Anyone know of a fix for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBC5nVOlbQ0

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 02:15 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar, check the main gear at the base of the arm, this can split on this machine,on both front and back and this can be a symptom of this, with a slight nudge it will go again, also could be a slipping clutch (just needs an adjust). Will need to remove the back cover to check gears though.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 14, 2014 02:20 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you ... Yes, it do start with a little help. Where's the clutch though? And is it something one who is not too handy can do? Hate to send it to UK for repairs, as it costs almost as much as a new projector :-/

Appreciate the tip

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 03:02 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar, have you got the service manual for this?, its available on here. Not done the clutch on these, would have to look and get back to you, but you need some tools to do this, if its like the 1200 range, its normally on the spindle and some kind of leaf spring that needs to be tensioned and tightened at a specific setting. In the manual it looks like a spring loaded fishing scales. The gears on this machine is known to do this, but some parts have to be removed to get to the front or rear gear. Its actually the same gear, but the roller bearing is fitted to turn only one way, so you need to check this. You can do this with the cove removed, for both front and back, you need a little bright light and just point it towards the mechanism. You can see that the gear is split quite clearly and this is the bit that jams up, until you help it along a bit.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC