8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Goko A-303 details

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goko A-303 details
Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2016 08:44 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently discovered that the model dual format of editor viewer of Goko that I have, that is A-303, was released in more models.
In some, with two interchanged sprockets, with two colored circles, one for each format, with little teeth for each holes, in other with one fixed sprocket, and has much longer little teeth to "contain" both type of holes, Regular 8 and smaller of Super 8 (my version). Then, some versions have the size selector knob changed by turning like a screw, others have it with pull or push method (my version). Even, some version have a picture frame, like a matte, that applies on the screen for cover the holes of Regular 8 screen you see on the screen, other version (my version) don't have it, because it does not need.
The only manual I found for only one version (not my version).
OK...

I had a doubt: in Goko, in Regular 8 mode, the RIGHT side of the frame exceeds a little 'the edge of the screen and one millimeter or two (about) is hidden, it's true?
This is because the right-side of a film Regular 8 is thinner than a Super 8. Any confirm the theory?
Of course, the opposite side, the left side, it's wider in Regular 8, in fact on the screen of the Goko you can see part of black, a black vertical stripe, or even the holes in some versions of the Goko (not my version, but in version with picture frame, for cover holes tha you can see). Another "problem" of the dual format editor. You confirm?

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC