8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sears Projector slows down and then stops

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sears Projector slows down and then stops
Will Eskridge
Junior

- posted August 13, 2016 02:02 PM      Profile for Will Eskridge   Author's Homepage   Email Will Eskridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. Been a member of the forum for a few months but haven't posted before. I have recently gotten back into super 8 filmmaking after about a 12 year hiatus. I purchased a Sears Dual-All Eight 584.92040 (the tower model) at the thrift store for $20. Motor runs and lamp still works. However, it runs pretty slow, like I'm guessing around 14 fps and continues to slow until it stops (motor/fan still runs, but film does not advance) when the film has about 15 feet left. I replaced the belt, the rubber feed tire as well as cleaned and lubed (with super lube) the worm gear and related gears. It also has trouble rewinding. Last night I ran a whole 50 ft reel but I had it set to "slo-motion" and boy was it slow. Though it did finish the film averaging about 12-14 fps. I am having trouble locating a manual. Does anyone on here have insight into what could be the cause or this machine? Do I need to get a new transformer?

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC