8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Moviedeck claw mechanics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moviedeck claw mechanics
James Long
Junior

- posted December 14, 2016 02:27 PM      Profile for James Long   Email James Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a bit over my head in efforts to repair a moviedeck 465. I have successfully replace the shutter. I have not had success loading film. It seems that the claw mechanism is not grabbing the film. I can feel the it touching the film. I have tried adjusting the in/out cam as described in the manual without success. I do not understand how the claw mechanism works. Can someone give me a description?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2016 02:58 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its just a simple box cam James, that rises( too move forward) and fall to (to release) the film perfs, add this to the rotation of the shutter and you have advance of the film frame, similar to how a sowing machine works. What is it not doing after you have adjusted it, this is a simplified explanation obviously.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2016 10:22 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like it is out of sync with the shutter and is missing the perfs.

James Long
Junior

- posted December 19, 2016 07:43 PM      Profile for James Long   Email James Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I checked the shutter alignment and re-calibrated. Claw still does not grab the film. Do I add washers to move the in/out cam?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC