8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Twins of Evil Ebay madness !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Twins of Evil Ebay madness !
Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2017 04:54 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With less than 2 days to go, there is a copy of the 200' (yes 200') version of Twins of Evil listed on Ebay UK, with 12 bids from 5 bidders......currently standing at £67 ! Am I missing something,or what?

Shall we take bets on the final price? Ha Ha!!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

|  IP: Logged

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2017 07:51 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The full version as well as the trailer can be viewed for free on YouTube, of course. I won't be bidding.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 04, 2017 07:56 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That can be said for almost all of our films. It doesnt stop anyone buying them though Will.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 07:39 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller is lucky because all the bids above £4 are from two bidders. But by modern standards, £67 wouldn't be particularly extreme. The listing says it isn't faded, and the box looks in excellent condition, so it might be a nice (albeit very expensive) collectable for someone unwilling to pay for a feature.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 09:44 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The feature was for sale on this very forum for £85 just a couple of weeks back.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 10:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the 200ft buyer was someone who only likes shorts.

£67 for 7 minutes of Film or £85 for a 1 1/2 hour full feature.
I know which I'd buy. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 12:01 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As it happens our copy is going on next week but i'll be surprised to ours go for this much. Be nice though.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 10:22 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the feature offered was the Walton 4 x 400' rather that the Derann full length version, but £85 was still a good price if the color was holding up well. Considering what a good film it is, it's surprising that Walton didn't offer a 400' version.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2017 05:47 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is one from walton with one splice, some fade
9.99UK. How much did the other one go for?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Super-8-film-Twins-of-Evil-200 ft-Colour-Sound-/132184522188?hash=item1ec6cfbdcc:g:9QwAAOSwX9FZD3F2

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 08, 2017 01:05 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That one with a 9.99 start is mine Mathew and its a very good print to [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC