8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » OHIO FILM COLLECTOR EXCHANGE , LLC will be waiting to meet you at Cinesea this fall !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OHIO FILM COLLECTOR EXCHANGE , LLC will be waiting to meet you at Cinesea this fall !
David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2017 07:04 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello prestigious film collectors !
It shall be quite a joy to be able to socialize and meet with all who attend this FAB event in Wildwood , N.J. !
Our contribution to the event is bringing something new and different . IT will be very interesting to be able to first screen 8MM - then 16mm - then 35mm !!
We shall bring along ALL film in ALL formats to share with you .

Currently we are creating a portable 35mm projector ( made from many different parts of many different brands )especially for Cinesea future events .

However , we do not plan on screening anything major this time around - only shorts in 35mm like THE THREE STOOGES , CARTOONS and COMING ATTRACTIONS .

Soon we will be ready to launch our exclusive website as it is being created at this time .
OHIO FILM COLLECTOR EXCHANGE , LLC looks forward to partnering up with other film sellers , such as Steve Osborne's THE REEL IMAGE .
We also contribute to the Arts in other cities who present 35mm film screenings of classic & modern movies .
Currently we are having discussions with CLEVELAND INSTITUTE OF ART , where we recently attended a RARE 35MM screening of SANTA SANGRE ( 1989 ), one of Alejandro Jodorowsky's most provocative and controversial cult films of all time !

We've got some GREAT stuff , waiting for you in the wings .

If any of you forum members have any specific questions , drop me a PM ; I'd be glad to respond .
Thanks ,
Dave Baker

--------------------
Dave

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2017 07:32 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds really cool! Are you referring to the Cinematheque at University Circle? I have attended some excellent 35mm screenings of Eraserhead, Harold And Maude and Kubricks's Fear and Desire. That would be great if you could screen some films there from your collection. I am thinking of possibly trying to make it to the next Cinesea event so maybe I will see you there!

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2017 07:40 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you , Bill .
YES , that is where we were last weekend .
I hope you can make it to Cinesea this fall .

SORRY you missed my back - yard drive-in screening last month of Hammer's DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE , in bloody technicolor !

I appreciate your support my friend ,
Dave Baker

--------------------
Dave

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2017 08:17 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I am sorry I missed the backyard drive-in too! Maybe I can make the next one.

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2017 09:21 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave is the 35mm mentioned something that is going into production. Thank you.

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2017 10:36 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Alan .
We are constructing a portable projector ourselves , not to market for retail , but to be able to have a 35MM projector to transport easily to events like CINESEA . You know they are so big and bulky !

--------------------
Dave

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2017 04:10 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
very exciting news David. I been meaning to call you but wasn't sure you were back. Ill give you a ring

Congrats on the OFCE

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2017 06:18 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your support , Brian !

--------------------
Dave

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC