8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bolex D8L gear stripped

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bolex D8L gear stripped
Benedek Frank
Junior

- posted April 12, 2018 09:21 PM      Profile for Benedek Frank   Email Benedek Frank   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I am new here and totally new to filming, just bought my first camera a Bolex D8L and thought giving it a nice CLA before I start using it was the right idea.
I followed a great guide here:

http://cinetinker.blogspot.jp/2013/01/servicing-bolex-d8l.html

However, when I took the front plate off, the motor abruptly unwound itself despite the fact I ran the motor all the way off. I guess it was a bit stuck which didn't allow it to fully unwind just by pressing the shutter.
This whole thing shredded one of the gears and i am now looking for a replacement.

Is there anyone here who might have a spare available? I understand a B8 / B8L / C8 would also be compatible.

Attaching an image of the stripped gear, the the red one which is spun by the motor itself. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

-

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 13, 2018 02:52 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bolex sells spares but at high cost.

https://www.bolex.ch/NEW/index.php

[ April 15, 2018, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Dominique De Bast ]

--------------------
Dominique

Benedek Frank
Junior

- posted April 13, 2018 04:11 AM      Profile for Benedek Frank   Email Benedek Frank   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique,

Yes I've contacted them already but they said they can't help me unfortunately. I am hoping someone might have a busted unit with the gear intact etc. I know wishful thinking but maybe...

Meanwhile I am looking for junk units on eBay.

Thanks,
Ben

Benedek Frank
Junior

- posted April 15, 2018 12:24 AM      Profile for Benedek Frank   Email Benedek Frank   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to post back, I found the part at Bolexrepair.com, had to email and Steve was very nice and is shipping the part soon.

If you need anything perhaps you could try him too, sales AT bolexrepair.com

Will post back once I managed to replace the gear. Exciting times!

Ben

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC