8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Jaws on 2 x 400 ft (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Jaws on 2 x 400 ft
Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted February 16, 2012 07:29 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to disagree gentlemen,but Ithink the best of the edited
2x400s from U8 were "The Sting"& "High Plains Drifter" which
had very good editing and both had excellent print/sound.
The "Jaws" edition suffered from the omission of the underwater
"severed head" shock scene and print quality wasn't as good as the 200' edition whereas the above two showed how a digest
could include all the key scenes and tell the story coherently.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 17, 2012 01:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I miss the "severed head" shot in the digest too! Would have been great to have it in there, even if to have that shot, (and at least enough footage to suround it for storytelling), would have not allowed it to fit a 600ft reel ...

but actually, this 600ft digest is slightly shorter in length that the other Universal 2X400ft digests. I think "1941" is the longest, as the film actually spills over slightly. You still have a good minute or more of room with the Jaws digest on a 600ft reel.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2012 07:32 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually prefer "Animal House" when it comes to the U8 2x400 digests. The only thing I didn't like about it was the omission of the stuffed-bra scene :-)

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 18, 2012 10:42 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another superb 2 x 400ft cut down is High Plains Drifter, again some prints are suffering with some fade, i have a good copy at present and want to keep it until it starts to fade but athe editing is very good .

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted February 18, 2012 07:37 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi and I are the" severed head men" Christian misses his "stuffed
bra", theres definately room for a thread on favourite scenes that
are missing from our digests.Any more out there?
One that really pissed me off was the omission of the nude
seduction scene by Linda Hayden in "Blood On Satan's Claw"
and there was room to put it in as the running time was just
over an hour!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC