8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Star Wars Features (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Wanted: Star Wars Features
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 15, 2011 03:19 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1800 dollers eh? jeepers, good luck to the seller, i tried to persaude my Brother last week to see what he cud get for our copy of Star Wars. Take a read of this,
A copy of this film came up a long time ago on list far far away, it was £125.00. I rang on the Monday and the film was still there, full feature in scope but mono [Eek!]
Got the copy sent and we viewed it that evening, not what we hoped, part one had a ton of negative sparkle, part two was dark part three had like water marks dancing all over the screen, but hey, part four was top notch, clearly the film was made up of white box specials by the previous owner who clearly didnt tell Derann when he traded it into them. Well, me being me i sent the film back to Derann, i even marked it FOA Derek Simmonds, with a letter that was to say the least a little grumpy. Do you know what that man did and we'll never forget it as long as we live? He sent us a brand new sealed, stereo print. I know we are not the first or only people to recieve Deranns superb customer service of this nature,To say we were Speechless was an understatement and having tonight took it out, cleaned it with film gaurd and looked at it mounted on 2 x 1200ft Elmo spools we asked, how can we sell this? The answer is sorry but we cant!!!! I think Derek would haunt us, [Big Grin] [Wink]
Good luck on finding a copy, i'm sure one will come up on the lists sometime, i have to say the downside of the internet and ebay is clearly this, when a copy does come up the price will be quite high as we can clearly see some people will pay over the odds. Supply and demand i suppose.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 16, 2011 11:43 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Incredible generosity there, and a great story Tom ...

I bet you still have that print to this day, eh?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 17, 2011 12:14 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes we do, when i saw the one on ebay go for over a thousand pound i thought, i must sell ours but once we viewed it again and with this background my Brother decided against it.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC