8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Independent 8 - An Update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Independent 8 - An Update
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2008 04:11 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have finally started work on my new lists, due to my very sad recent circumstances, and the fact that I have so many new films in stock (and Blackpool in between, as well), I cannot see me getting any new listings out until the end of November or early December. I'm sorry about this, but I have found it really hard work focussing on my film work after Mums' death, but I am getting there, I've already this week looked at about 100 Hundred NEW ITEMS , and there's lots more to come as well. I doubt if I will be able to list everything new in my next listings, but it will have as many as I can squeeze on, the rest will be added over future lists.

I'd like to thank everyone for there patience and understanding at this difficult time for me, but I have started the ball rolling again, and new lists will come as soon as I can get them ready.

All the best,

Barry.

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2008 05:17 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, I am sure I speak for all fellow forum members when I say that it is nice to hear from you again. Of course, we all miss your lists and "ramblings", but it is your well-being that is of paramount importance.

The "market" will still be here, next month and the month after that. No one will think any less of you if the lists are late Barry.

"One day at time".

Hope to see you next week at Blackpool for a chat.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 08, 2008 09:39 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My "Big Brother" said it all, and please say "hi" for me at Black Pool!

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2008 12:08 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope to get a few things maybe next month after property taxes are done. Exchange rates are better now. Even Derann mentioned that in one of their lists.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2008 12:53 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks guys, it is very much a "One Day At A Time" at the moment, as I still can't believe Mum has been gone for over a month now.

Still I'll perservere, and get back on the 8mm horse on Monday.

Barry.

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2008 12:55 PM      Profile for peter booth         Edit/Delete Post 
All the very best Barry,take your time with the lists,your well being is of paramount importance.Like Keith says,it does'nt matter to us collectors how long it will take,best wishes,Peter.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 09, 2008 02:20 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,
I no everyone on here & within the film collecting hobby who knows of your circumstances will not be wondering when the next list is out, you just do everything in your own time,
Our thoughts are with you and when your good and ready we'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 09, 2008 02:38 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take all the time you need friend. [Smile]
We won't be going anywhere what with all the Video Projectors on the world going down...he he! [Wink]

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2008 01:38 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now over 200 Hundred New Items and still going strong, I doubt all will be on the next lists, but at least I'll have seen them, and only have to add them onto subsequent lists.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 12, 2008 11:51 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

I'm looking forward to your next list! If by any chance you should come across Derann's 400' "Taste the Blood of Dracula", please hold a copy for me!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Alan Hayes
Junior

- posted November 16, 2008 02:31 AM      Profile for Alan Hayes   Email Alan Hayes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

I was sorry to read your sad news, and wanted to say thanks for your help in recommending I join the forum. Much appreciated.

--------------------
--
Alan

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC