8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » CIR Standard 8mm Splicer Wanted.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CIR Standard 8mm Splicer Wanted.
Stuart Hoare
Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2009 08:32 PM      Profile for Stuart Hoare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. Can anybody help? I am trying to obtain a CIR standard 8mm splicer. Thanks. Stuart. Email stumusic@tiscali.co.uk

|  IP: Logged

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2009 06:56 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330299063229&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=014.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2009 09:43 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanting you to know that, any Ciro professional 16mm splicer will support standard 8mm. The only difference is, you peel the film with one side taped off the splicer, then fold the 16mm wide tape under the bottom of the 8mm. Then replace back on the splicer and punch out the bottom for sprockets. Sounds confusing I know but this is real simple when you get the hang of it and is very easy. Most 16mm Ciro splicers are far better made than anything else on the market....especially for standard 8mm. Remember this works because both 8mm and 16mm share the same size sprocket.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC