8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » FRA DIAVOLO WANTED

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FRA DIAVOLO WANTED
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 27, 2009 02:41 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Red Fox, Super 8 Sound 5X400' in nice box - Appreciated, Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 28, 2009 02:38 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a fairly rare title but its brilliant quality and a superb story line. No your not having mine as it took 5yrs to find my copy which is on Black and White Kodak polyester stock.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2009 03:15 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

I have a copy coming in, it should be here in a week or two, I can't tell you yet what the quality is like (although coming from a good source), or what spools they are on, but if you would like 1st option then let me know. I can't give you a price yet until I look at it, but post would be quite high to the U.S. I'm afraid, but once I look at it I could give you a combined price.

So email me with your thoughts at indi8films@aol.com .

Barry.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2009 03:09 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

The print od "Fra Diavolo" will be with me by Friday, are you interested at all, as a fellow U.S. collector is interested too, as I said I would give you first option, you have until Friday to let me know if your still interested.

Barry.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 01, 2009 05:40 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me know the condition, especially only if the original box is intact and good - Cheers, Shorty

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2009 09:50 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will do.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 01, 2009 01:16 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty,
What is it with you and boxes???

[Smile]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 01, 2009 03:13 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, without going into the long and shorty of it [Smile] , Original cartons and I have maintained a long-lasting relationship. Half the collecting in emphrenatic advertising collate with 8mm and some 16 due in part to the contribution and sustainability of cardboard encasements - That's the blowhard's explanation - In a nutshell (that I am), boxes are attractive, represent mini-posters and importantly add to the avlue of these films, wouldn't you say? - Besides, who wants a stack of 5X400' reels on a film without a nice home for them - My nickel on it, Cheers from Shorty

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 01, 2009 05:17 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I guess you're right. The boxes on a lot of those Castle cutdowns do look really nice. I remember them from my youth, and, in fact have a few lying around.

I collct only 16mm and the boxes don't figure at all, for the main part.

Happy collecting.

-Mike

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 03:11 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Joe,

It's here, it's in mint condition, but alas no original boxes, it comes on 2 800' Bonum spools and cases, it's on original B/W stock, and is very rare in this condition. I want £140 for this, but the postage will be another £40 to the U.S. as I insist on sending this as a signed for and insured service, as the value is over £100 and I'm afraid I cannot take chances with this value of film. Please let me know if you're still interested Joe, as I have another couple of U.S. customers who might also be interested, but I promised you first option.

Barry.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 05, 2009 06:10 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Appreciate, will pass - Cheers

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC