8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » GERMAN Issue of the original STAR WARS 400ft.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GERMAN Issue of the original STAR WARS 400ft.
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 02, 2009 12:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wanted: I'm looking for the German issue of the original 400ft release of STAR WARS. I don't need the box with it necessarly.
As long as it has decent color and scratchless.

thanks

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 02, 2009 01:03 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 400ft is the one titled "Galaxis in Flammen", with the droids pictured on the front cover (Marketing #949).

Osi, it pops-up on Ebay.de fairly regularly.
This is where I got both extract (#949 + #950) with very good colours.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2009 03:24 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember right it has the trash compactor scene in it that is not in the Ken Films version.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 02, 2009 07:46 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean, thats why I'd love to find the German version. I've heard that, as a general rule, the colors have held up quite well.

Even the KODAK SP versions in America have tended to be faded.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 03, 2009 01:33 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry, that scene and a lot more.
To actually create the ultimate Star Wars super 8 digest, you need:
- both 400ft reels from Ken
PLUS
- the 200ft Ken cut-down
PLUS
- both reels from Marketing (400ft + 200ft)
(no need for the UFA 400ft reel as it is the same as Ken pt 2)

See the review section for details.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 03, 2009 08:11 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fondly remember your review. One of the most detailed ones I read, (but then, hey, STAR WARS deserves it!). Wasn't the German STAR WARS released on a very thin but low fade film stock? Have the colors on your German release held up well.

I heard from one person that the filmstock on the German release was so slim that both 400ft reels fit very easily onto one 600ft
reel, where the american Eastman stock version overflowed a good deal.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC