8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Osi - Popeye/Ali Baba & Aladdin films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Osi - Popeye/Ali Baba & Aladdin films
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 31, 2009 01:49 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Caught these on Ebay, Under new 8mm, Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 31, 2009 02:00 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty ...

Do you possibly have a link? I tried "popeye new 8mm" as a search but got nothing. I'm eager to at least look!

OSI

UPDATE!! Found it Shorty! Many thanks!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 31, 2009 03:31 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any intrepid explorer will beat the path to Lemuria - Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 31, 2009 04:08 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All Lemuria, the magical land of lemurs! [Big Grin]

That fella has a number of great title. EGAD Fra Divalio is already up over 200.00 dollars. How much do we want to bet that our own Shorty may be watching this fella's auctions CLOSELY?

I was almost expecting to see a 400ft print of "Battle of the Century". Hey Shorty, do you happen to know if that particular Blackhawk title was a limited edition print.

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2009 04:20 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So your quest is over now Osi? [Razz]

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 31, 2009 05:28 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As it happens, there is a 'Battle' going on EBAY right now, just check 8mm or Laurel & Hardy categories - This was very limited - In 1984 Blackhawk offered this, as long as there were enough people requesting a print - I vividly remember walking to the post office to make a money order for $43.83 - About a week or so later, the prized film came - As to FRA DIAVOLO, it isn't surprising on the price when you take a gander at a Red Fox brochure from the time (1985/6) and the retail was a bit over $200 to buy from them - It's rarely seen in Super 8, box too, as is the companion piece, Bonnie Scotland, also offered on Ebay - Oh, I'm keeping my weather-eye on all that happens, have no doubt - Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 31, 2009 05:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps Peter ... perhaps ...

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 07, 2009 09:58 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who got this???

They were sold only for $16.62 (Popeye Meets Ali Baba)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130322055700

and $ 9.37 (Popeye Meets Aladdin)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130322056221

BTW, they were released by De Maio Film Service....

Do you think any good for these reels compared to those released by Niles Films? or just the same....

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 07, 2009 03:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I should have put a much higher bid on that "Popeye Meets Ali Baba", but I already had "Popeye in Alladin and his wonderful lamp."

... and so, I'll start yet another ...

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 07, 2009 03:51 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, for Popeye and Ali Baba... you just missed a bit... just a little bit ... [Razz]

The "Popeye and Aladdin" that you have had, is that Niles or from other company's....? Since I want to know what the colors look like now?

And for other members, do you have any info to what stock that De Maio used for this release?

In this previous discussion , it was told that De Maio didn't ever actually release film but re-boxed them.

So the Popeye on the above list may come from "Atlas", "Niles" or "Perry".... who knows.....

[Wink]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 07, 2009 08:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THAT is a very good question! I'd love to have the answer!

Oh, to answer the other question, every print that I have ran into has unfortunately been a Niles, and they have all had varying degrees of fade, sadly. I have one at the moment that has decent color, but it also the dreaded pinking.

I don't know. I'm kind of tiring of looking for this title.

--------------------

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2009 09:01 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DeMaio died have exclusive realeases but also sold others

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 07, 2009 09:29 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
THAT is a very good question! I'd love to have the answer!

I have just sent an email to Carl DeMaio asking him about what the possibility this very reel originally came from.

Hopefully he will answer my email and if there is an answer, I will let you know.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 07, 2009 11:15 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just sent him one asking if he might still have a copy lying about! [Razz]

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 08, 2009 04:43 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I just sent him one asking if he might still have a copy lying about! [Razz]
If so .... better you ask Ian (of Perry) then you will got your most wanted item. Demaio's still possible took the film from Niles.... we don't until he answer my email

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 08, 2009 09:01 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert ...

From what I have understood from Ian, they no longer have any prints themselves, but that is understandable. After all, it was, what? Twenty years ago?

The long search continues. I'm quite curious about our own Doug's Atlas print. I wonder how many of those were manufactured, as Doug told me that it was the only one of that title that he ever saw, and he snapped it up, naturally. I'm betting that Atlas Films didn't make it a long print run.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC