8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted MGM's "Bottles" or UB Iwerks "Balloon Land"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted MGM's "Bottles" or UB Iwerks "Balloon Land"
Scott Mallory
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2011 01:11 AM      Profile for Scott Mallory   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm interested in trading multiple nice sound/color Super 8 cartoons for a nice sound/color print of "Bottles" OR "Ballon Land." Here's what I have to trade:

*Inspector Willowby "Hide and Sneak" '200 Nice color and sound. Splice free, I did add a tail though. No original box.

*Woody Woodpecker "Log Jammin' " '200 Nice color and sound. Splice free, I did add a leader. No original box.

*Mighty Mouse "Aladdin's Lamp" and "Sunny Italy" Pretty good color, some fading, with good sound. The cartoons themselves are splice free, but they have been spliced together on a '400 reel and I added a leader. No original box.

*Heckle and Jeckle "King Tut's Tomb" '200 Pinkish color with good sound. Splice free, but I did add a leader. Has original box.

*Dinky Duck "Foolish Duckling" '200 Fading color with good sound. Splice free, but I did add a leader. No original box.

ALL FILMS HAVE BEEN CLEANED AND LUBRICATED AND I JUST VIEWED THEM THE OTHER NIGHT.

Thanks,
Scott

--------------------
Scott

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 25, 2011 10:33 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to say that I don't have one for sale, (I have both the super 8 sound print AND the original cinecolor standard 8mm silent prints by Bastle Films from the late 30's or early 40's, don't know the exact date).

However, you will find Baloonland usually listed as "The Pincushion Man", it's alternate title.

Please note, that even with unfaded color, this was not a technicolot release. It was cinecolor, and so don't expect perfect color. The negative used for thwe super 8 prints was from a farily worn source material.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 25, 2011 11:14 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scott,

When you say "Nice color" in what standard?

We always says "Nice color" when 95% colors are there (no brownish or warming at all). Similar to AGFA or LPP stock.

Since your films are doubt to be printed on AGFA/LPP so how do you describe it?

I am also confused when you say:

quote:
Pretty good color, some fading
I believe when film has faded even only some than it will not be pretty good.

[ March 25, 2011, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Scott Mallory
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2011 05:28 PM      Profile for Scott Mallory   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information Osi. I have a DVD with the Ballon Land they took from a print and there are color issues on that one too.

Hi Winbert, the color is good on Inspector Willowby and Woody Woodpecker, Mighty Mouse color seems good but paler in places. I don't know if this is a common thing with the Terry Toons or not. I'm fairly new with the Super 8 hobby, but have learned a lot in the past year, so I might not be using proper color grading terms. The Heckle and Jeckle is pretty pinkish throughout, but does have yellows, whites, etc. The Dinky Duck color is pretty faded. Like I said, all have been cleaned, lubed, and viewed. All went through the projector problem free. I take obsessive care of my collection. If they were junk I wouldn't unload them on someone else, and if someone was unhappy I'd take them back. I just need to make some room and would really like to track down those two prints. I tried to buy them from a dealer linked to the site, but haven't heard from him yet. And, I would rather trade than do the Ebay route.

Thanks,
Scott

--------------------
Scott

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 25, 2011 10:54 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scott below is the screen shot from the actual super 8mm that is supposed to be graded as "Nice Color". Any of your Woody or Inspector Willowby close to this quality?

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Winbert

Scott Mallory
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 01:24 AM      Profile for Scott Mallory   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Winbert,
Not that bright. I'll try to bust out the projector tomorrow and take some pics to post.
Thanks,
Scott

--------------------
Scott

Scott Mallory
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 05:54 PM      Profile for Scott Mallory   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Winbert,
I guess compared to your screen shots, mine would be fair to good. The cartoons also aren't using as bright a color palate as Star Wars. I've tried to post some screen shots, but the forum is saying the files are too big. If you want to give me your email address, I can shoot them off to you.
Thanks,
Scott

--------------------
Scott

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 28, 2011 07:05 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scott, you can send to winbert (at) hotmail (dot) com .

ps: you can rersize your picture using MS Paint bundled in your PC

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC