8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Another Ebay Batch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Ebay Batch
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 10:50 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://shop.ebay.com/runco/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_sop=14

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 28, 2011 01:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some VERY interesting titles on there. A few I never even heard of being on super 8!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 28, 2011 01:18 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, hope to see you at a show or at least stay in touch, you know what I'm looking for in reels, cans and films - Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 31, 2011 01:15 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brian ...

I hope that you can reply to this before the auction ends. Ebay wouldn't let me contact you to ask the question.

How is the color on the Richard harris behind the scenes reel?

You can PM me or e-mail me if you wish.

I thank you for your time.

OSI

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 31, 2011 02:09 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi there is a little bit trick now if you are going to ask something on Ebay.

BTW, Brian, I also want to know if the 3D glasses you sale can be used for 3D film in 8mm ?

I wonder why many of your glasses are one color (only 4 are red and blue glass) while usually 3D glasses are red-and-blue.

Please explain.

--------------------
Winbert

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2011 02:34 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,
The "dark tinted" ones are Polaroid glasses... necessary for viewing full colour movies using the two strip Polaroid process.
No use whatever for 8mm Anaglyph movies.

Brian, Your ebay doesn't list shipping to UK. Would you ship these glasses to UK, however? email me?
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 31, 2011 02:41 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's with that ebay question thing there?? Why doesn't it allow questions?

That problem doesn't exist on ebay.uk.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 10:42 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, there's no longer a link up there at the top along with the "view sellers items" and all.

When I wanted to ask a question, it gives a list of possible answers, and even if you select "not shown", I then get a screen that says,(this is not verbatim) ...

"The seller does not answer questions"

... or something like that. Its a two line short paragraph on a largely blank page.

Now, I'm sure that Brian would be more than happy to answer a question, which is why I pursued that on here. Some of these ebay changes really do not make sense.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 01:20 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When I wanted to ask a question, it gives a list of possible answers, and even if you select "not shown", I then get a screen that says,(this is not verbatim) ...

"The seller does not answer questions"

Yes, that's what I mean. I've not come across it before.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 01:46 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, you can still ask questions to the seller.

What you need to do is, first sign in on Ebay.

After visiting the auction page, here what you need to do:

Find this on the bottom of auction page.... and click

-

then click this and click that....

-

and finally you can ask the question in this box.

-

Voila !!

--------------------
Winbert

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 01:48 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

This is exactly correct - however, it doesn't work with Brians auction. Try it.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 02:40 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, the above screen shot is taken from Brian's auction.

Look at the most bottom picture, there is a Superman where Brian has on his listing ("Classic Superman Xarton 1940's Super 8 CLR SND").

So no problem at all.

--------------------
Winbert

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 05:07 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just tried it and it works. However, I didn't have anything to ask [Confused]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 02, 2011 10:38 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try it on the auction for the auction I was asking about, the one which has the behind the scenes super 8's of Richard harris and Faye Dunaway. Those steps do not work on that auction, (unless it has just been changed in the last five minutes. I tried five minutes ago).

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 02, 2011 11:10 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you are right Osi.

I think this is more software problem.

Previously I used Mozila Firefox on different computer, I am now using Internet Explorer ver. 6.0.2900. Now, I even cannot see the "CONTINUE" button!!. [Confused]

So when I have clicked "other" it stopped there.

Strange..... does Ebay know about this? [Eek!]

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 02, 2011 12:48 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought of that as well. My computer has the latest editiopns of both Mozilla and Internet Explorer ... same problem.

Hey Brian, my apologies on this post kind of going in a different direction than your auctions. I should hope that they go well!

--------------------

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2011 05:23 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem Osi about hijacking my topic! As for the color on the two behind the scenes featurettes: they are OK, not great - a bit warm. They probably looked like this when they were released I'm guessing. I bought them in a set of three - the other one was the making of "Omega Man" but I decided to keep that one...

Also, just wanted to mention the auctions are ending tomorrow... and I received so many overseas requests for the Superman films and the two features I have on (Black Sunday & Barbarella) I opened those specific auctions to outside the U.S. Good luck if you bid!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 02, 2011 08:03 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ThanX 4 the info, Brian!

OSI

--------------------

Scott Mallory
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2011 01:57 PM      Profile for Scott Mallory   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brian, the bidding on the Superman cartoons is getting fierce.
Good for you, not so good for me. Lol! [Smile]

--------------------
Scott

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2011 11:22 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,
Thanks for opening up the glasses to International... the Polaroid ones are what I have been looking for for some time;look forward to receiving them... a real bargain!
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC