8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Silents and a few sounds for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Silents and a few sounds for sale
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 10, 2011 01:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks, this is a partial list but here goes ... (all prices U.S. dollars but films open for overseas purchase)

The Black Pirate (Douglas Fairbanks) 4X400ft standard 8mm, sold on four nice black metal reels. $40.00

The Headless Horseman (Will Rogers) 3X400ft Blackhawk Silent film but scored (magnetic sound) $30.00

Pecks Bad Boy Classic silent comedy. Blackhawk originally on 3X400ft reels, but I found that it all fit on two very full 400ft. reels, less to change! $25.00

Cameo's of Comedy ... (various) Blackhawk silent film 350ft. Most notable as having early or first appearances of Buster Keaton, Oliver hardy and Ben Turpin (tat one taken from 1909), with the standard great Blackhawk "narrative" titles. $10.00

Popeye Meets Sinbad the Sailor (1936) Classic Max Fleischer first color Popeye. This specific print has a slight fade, which gives it a "Cinecolor" look. That is, great greens, blues, but the faces look pinkish but fortunately, this isn't a reddish bad eastman print, where everything is a garrish PINK! in great shape. $15.00 dollars.

Jimmy Dorsey and his Band : A RARE standard 8mm sound Blackhawk release. This is a 9 minute short and quite good. $15.00

Winchester 73 : This is a standard 8mm 200ft B/W U.K. Release of this classic western. Please note: I have forgotten the actual title of this digest, (though it's taken from "Winchester 73), but it comes in it's original box.

Please e-mail if interest!

OSI

[ May 11, 2011, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Osi Osgood ]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 10, 2011 02:49 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And allow me to say that, Osi is the man - Nice man with nice films - My order arrived and is tops - Highly recommended - Thanks Big 'O' - Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 11, 2011 10:26 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!

That took less than a week ... and by media mail (with delivery confirmation)! That's awesome. I was hoping that it would arrive quickly.

I have added a few more to the list above.

Did you dig the cartoon on the box Shorty?

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 11, 2011 10:40 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're an artist of exceeding Tex Avery calibre

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 11, 2011 12:52 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no!

Believe, that is nothing compared to my wild stuff!

You reminded me ...

I did a one page comic strip panel some twenty years ago called, "The Adventures of a Mad Projectionist" ...

(a take off on a classic early comic strip called "Adventures of a Rarebit Fiend" done by what famous early cartoonist? Hint, he was one of the very first film animators as well!)

...that had a lot of Avery inspired gags, where the poor projectionist (cartoon version of me ... with HAIR! Hey, it was twenty years ago!), going through such things as long hair caught in the reels, tongue getting caught in the film path and ending on the white hot projection lamp (OWWWW!), as well as the always fun game of "chase down the bouncing reel across the room"!

I GOTTA DIG THAT OUT!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC